The American Gas Association (AGA) is a trade organization that represents the natural gas industry in the United States. The organization was founded in 1918 and is based in Arlington, Virginia. The AGA's members include regulated natural gas utilities, marketers, pipelines, and other companies that are involved in the natural gas industry.
The AGA's mission is to "advance the business interests and public understanding of America's natural gas utilities, which provide clean and efficient energy for millions of consumers every day." To achieve this mission, the organization engages in a wide range of activities, including:
- Representing the interests of the natural gas industry before government officials, the media, and the general public
- Providing research and statistics on the natural gas industry
- Offering educational programs and resources to its members
- Promoting the safe, reliable, and efficient delivery of natural gas to consumers
- Supporting the development of new technologies and practices that can improve the natural gas industry
The AGA also focuses on issues of public policy, energy efficiency, safety, and environment to promote the safe, reliable and efficient delivery of natural gas to consumers. The organization has a number of committees that focus on different aspects of the natural gas industry, such as safety, environment, and engineering. Additionally, the AGA sponsors several conferences, meetings, and other events throughout the year to provide opportunities for industry professionals to share information and learn about new developments in the natural gas industry.
AGA is committed to fostering the safe and responsible development of natural gas resources and is actively working with lawmakers and regulators to ensure that the natural gas industry is able to continue providing clean and efficient energy to American consumers.